Looking for a festive, chocolatey treat with a Halloween edge that won't leave your blood sugar crashing and burning mere moments later? This dark-as-Hallow's-Eve freezer fudge features sugar-free raw chocolate and luscious black sesame tahini - a mineral-rich superfood packed full of nutrients like iron, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, healthy omega fats, plant protein, and fiber. You could also amp up the superfood benefits by adding a dash of maca, spirulina, medicinal mushrooms or another superfood powder of choice.
If your only experience with tahini is in savory recipes like dressings and hummus then it's time to mix it up and try out this amazing sesame seed butter's sweeter side. Black sesame tahini has a nutty flavor similar to your typical white tahini, only with a denser texture and a subtle - almost sweet - smokiness.
This fudge is a delicious, unique and highly nutrient-dense snack or dessert that's raw, vegan, gluten-free and paleo!
BEWARE - don't leave these out at room temperature for long - they will turn into a frightening mess of black goo. OK, maybe that's an exaggeration, but they are meant to be kept in the freezer for that melt-in-the-mouth (not on your plate) experience.
Wicked Black Tahini Freezer Fudge
2 Rawmio 100% Cacao Raw Chocolate Essentials Bars (or 2 oz of sugar-free baking chocolate)
4 Tablespoons raw honey (or coconut sugar for vegan option)
3/4 cup Dastony Black Sesame Tahini
2 Tablespoons Dastony Coconut Butter, (melted)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of coarse sea salt, optional, plus more for garnish, if you want
Cacao nibs for garnish
1. Gently melt your raw chocolate bars and coconut butter using a double boiler method.
2. Mix together the melted chocolate, tahini, coconut butter, raw honey, and vanilla extract.
3. Line a bread pan with parchment paper and pour the fudge mixture into the pan.
4. Sprinkle on the cacao nibs if you're garnishing with those.
5. Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
6. Slide a knife around the edges and pull the parchment paper to remove the fudge from the pan.
7. Cut into squares.
8. Store in the fridge or freezer.