When it comes to desserts, cookies are a treat that no one should be deprived of. And what’s better than vegan cookies? Especially when they're made with wholesome, organic ingredients and plenty of chocolate. Preparing these recipes is very quick and easy. If you have a craving for cookies try them out!
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
These cookies are very fudgy, soft, incredibly chocolatey, and loaded with crunchy hazelnuts and chocolate chunks. The perfect treat for you and your loved ones that will come together quickly.
Two cups of grain spelt flour - or healthy whole grain flour of choice
One teaspoon of baking soda
Two-third cup of melted coconut oil
Two-third of raw cacao powder
Half teaspoon of salt
One and a half cup of organic coconut sugar
4 teaspoon flaxseed
2 tablespoons of vanilla
Half cup almond milk
Half teaspoon of almond extract
Three-fourth cup of vegan chocolate chips - or chopped Rawmio chocolate bar
Three-fourth cup of toasted hazelnuts
1. Heat up the oven to 175C/350F and line a baking tray with the parchment
2. Heat up a pan over medium heat for roasting the hazelnuts. Add hazelnuts and roast for about 5 minutes. Be sure to stir every minute for an even roast.
3. Transfer to a paper towel and scrub the hazelnuts against each other to remove the skins. Chop them up with a knife into pieces.
4. In a large bowl, take salt, baking soda, spelt flour and cacao powder. Mix well to combine.
5. In the other bowl, whip liquid coconut oil and sugar. After that, add almond milk, vanilla, flaxseed and almond extract.
6. Add dry ingredients to the wet a little at a time and whip very well to combine. If it becomes too hard to mix with a whip, make use of a fork or even your hands.
7. After that, add roasted hazelnuts and chocolate chips and again mix it.
8. Using a tablespoon and your hands, shape the dough into one and a half inch balls. After that, place them on a baking tray.
9. Smoothly press on the balls with your fingers to slightly flatten them. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
10. Remove them from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. After that, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Avocado Chocolate Cookies
These cookies have a spongy, cake-like texture and have a delicate crunch outside. These are uber healthy and have heart-healthy fats, potassium, protein and dietary fiber. They're simply mouth-watering.
One ripe avocado
One cup of almond flour
One-fourth tablespoon of salt
One tablespoon of baking powder
Half cup of xylitol (birch sugar) or another plant-based sugar substitute
Half cup of raw cacao powder
One flax egg
Two tablespoons melted coconut oil
1. Heat up the oven to 180C/ 350F degrees
2. Mash up the avocado 'till it becomes very smooth
3. Add the xylitol or another sugar substitute, flax egg, and coconut oil
4. Blend 'till it becomes smoother
5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well
6. Make little balls of the cookie mixture and place it on a baking tray and slightly flatten
7. Bake for at least 30 minutes
Coconut Chocolate Patties
Minty and cool with an intense dark chocolate coating, these plant-based beauties are very delicious. The perfect healthy chocolate treats for anyone to enjoy.
Three cups of shredded coconut
Half tablespoon of peppermint extract
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 cup of Rawmio raw chocolate - chopped, or a dark chocolate of choice
One tablespoon of melted coconut oil
1. Place the shredded coconut in a food processor or a fast speed blender until a paste forms.
2. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and peppermint and blend to combine.
3. Prepare one-inch balls with your hands and gently press on them to turn into patties.
4. Place a baking tray covered with parchment paper and freeze for 10 minutes to set.
5. In the meantime, melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
6. After a period of 10 minutes, dip every patty into the chocolate. Shake off the excess chocolate and return to the baking tray.
7. To harden the chocolate coating freeze for another 10 minutes.
Jeremy Hill is one of the USA’s most innovative and forward thinking Food and Eating bloggers. He focuses his talents on taking the stress out of eating while emphasizing the enjoyment of healthy, tasty, and satisfying food. Currently, he is writing for chocolate.org. Jeremy is an inspiration in the kitchen and is committed to bringing the Chocolate approach to your tables.